Neblio is a platform for creating and distributing the so-called Dapps (Distributed Applications), i.e. decentralized applications, one of the main assumptions and questions that the Neblio team set for themselves before starting work on the project was:
How to simplify and accelerate the development of decentralized applications?
What is it and how does it work?
Neblio in operation, it resembles a blockchain network like many other cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin. So it is a distributed register based on a network of nodes (nodes or masternodes) that communicate with each other in the form of so-called transaction. In each of these nodes a copy of the transaction book is saved in the form of the so-called blocks. Each new transaction is broadcast over the network so that nodes are able to compare and check the compliance of such a new transaction. Projects using decentralized web applications such as Neblio go a step further and allow for more than just saving dry transactions in the blockchain. They enable saving data on the blockchain network by specially designed applications. Data is written and read via API, each data manipulation must be confirmed by the network, so the application data has an additional high level of protection against unauthorized access.
What are the benefits of decentralized applications compared to central applications?
It's best to explain it by example. For example, we can rely on a medical record in the health service in any system. In a normal central system, a given hospital / branch has a patient's medical file in paper form (old version) in a patient or electronic card stored on a server / disk / portable memory, etc. Both methods of recording whether in paper or electronic form have a common feature, which is centralization of the record. Even if there is 100 access to hospitals for a given patient file, synchronization and recording of data takes place somewhere in the data warehouse.
The wholesale store is available via the centralized server API, in addition, the operation and construction of such a system for 100 hospitals is capital-intensive, time-consuming and requires supervision of IT employees who check versions, data synchronization, errors etc. It should be remembered that employees can do everything with such database, so they are third parties from whom the hospital he is dependent and whom he must trust.
Unfortunately, 100 never has a certainty that the data is correct, have it not been corrupted by someone, and if it was by whom and when exactly? Data centralization also exposes data to the risk of losing data in the event of a server stack failure. Someone will say that you can keep backups but here also the problems mentioned above multiply.
Decentralization is independence!
The solution to all these problems is the manipulation and processing of large databases by decentralized applications. Blockchain records every transaction, and therefore information. We can preview when information has been added / modified / deleted at any time. Each user also leaves a "trace" of their activity. In addition, we do not have to rely on the work of companies or "third" IT specialists - this is particularly important in the field of sensitive registers, such as bank registers, insurance registers, court registers, etc. Apart from the obvious, there is another question. What if a catastrophe occurs and we do not have access to the patient's file in our hospital? This shows how weak and vulnerable centralized systems are and what the potential lies in decentralized applications.
Competition in this space and the number of projects that are supposed to be a platform for decentralized applications is so large that you can get the impression that there are more platforms than just ready-made deployments and decentralized applications. Due to the high competition, you need to look for the added value of the project from the competition. Things-discriminants that are designed to gain a competitive advantage of the project. In Neblio there are several such differentiator that make the project attractive from the competition
What distinguishes Neblio from other projects?
- Number of supported programming languages: Python, Java, JS, Node.JS, .NET (C # and VB .NET), Go, Objective-C, PHP. The project has an advantage thanks to such colossals as Lisk or Stratis that support one or two programming languages.
- Modern RESTful API architecture, the future development of which is to be flexible and based on feedback from user-programmers. The intention is to absolutely simplify the API on the user side so that programmers on the client side can prepare Dapps even without knowing about the operation of the blockchain network.
- The ability to create individually selected and / or private blockchain networks based on the Neblio network.
- In the future, the possibility to adapt the Neblio API to work also on other blockbinding networks not based on Neblio - it is therefore an element of flexibility in the developers' approach to the project. Today, many IT projects and programs are based on shared solutions. Migrating or changing your development environment shouldn't be a problem.
- Blockchain Consulting - a department designated by the team that will be responsible for acquiring and servicing institutional clients and offering them dedicated solutions. This is important because a big problem in the IT industry is always the proper identification of problems and proposing solutions on the client's side. Here, the basic task will be to use the Neblio blockchain network wherever it will bring tangible benefits to currently operating institutions and companies. So it is a form of active marketing that goes beyond passive advertising. The room for maneuver is very large: from hospitals and offices to central state and corporate registers, etc.
- Nodes (network nodes) can be placed on a server at the company's premises, in the cloud or in a selected hosting service. Everything depends on the client's preferences. The flexibility of the approach and the multithreading of the solution play a big role again.
As you can see above, the Neblio project has clearly defined goals and action strategy, it does not focus on an overly extended space of action. You can see in the project the mission of action for a specific purpose. Interestingly, the tokens themselves are probably to be used to set nodes, but it is clear from the Whitepaper. According to whitepaper Neblio tokens are to be used to create, distribute and use dapps. Theoretically, the value of tokens should increase with the development and adaptation. In the whitepaper, the team clearly stated that the tokens are in no way "shares" or any other form of investment, so no one will take them for securities (securities).
Facts and figures
Currently in circulation 13 657 538 NEBL coins, everyone is supposed to be: 14 408 862. As the demand for currency increases with the development of the network of decentralized applications, the value of NEBLIO should increase.
+ A multitude of programming languages
+ Clearly "targeted" customer and promotional activities prepared for customer acquisition
+ flexible API
- this is another project for creating dapps on a proprietary blockchain. There are more and more new projects and the competition is growing at a dizzying pace.